select.epoll question

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Thu Feb 7 15:19:41 EST 2013

> Yeah, I figured fileno() probably wouldn't be news to you. I don't
> suppose there's anything convenient in the rest of your application
> that makes such a list/dict plausible?

In fact it's rather annoying, sockets are created and destroyed in
multiple places in the program.  I have to be careful about leaking them
in case a thread crashes, etc.  I dealt with the poll issue by manually
tracking what was happening, but it wasn't pretty, so I wondered if
there was a better solution I was overlooking.  I don't want to mess
with it too much more since I'm planning a completely different approach
for the next version of the program.