Curious to see alternate approach on a search/replace via regex

Nick Mellor thebalancepro at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 03:53:12 EST 2013

Hi RH,

It's essential to know about regex, of course, but often there's a better, easier-to-read way to do things in Python.

One of Python's aims is clarity and ease of reading.

Regex is complex, potentially inefficient and hard to read (as well as being the only reasonable way to do things sometimes.)

Best,

Nick