Help about finding a python script on geographic masking

tkhan10 tkhan10 at masonlive.gmu.edu
Thu Feb 7 09:56:34 EST 2013

Thank you for your reply.

Actually I wanted to post it on the list but didn't notice that it went only to your email.

For the shape file part: yes I have a sample patients' data in a shape file with the patients' address locations (where the lat/long for the addresses are available) and these actual locations need to be masked. Some arbitrary points have to be made to represent these locations so that actual addresses (privacy of the patients) can be protected.

I am very much interested in creating my own script but the fact is that my adviser wants me to find if there any script available from the people who did work with these methods. Actually for making my script I just need to understand detail of these methods so that I will have ideas how I should proceed. But I am trying to make my own script and I hope to get help from you and others on that.

Thank you so much