Best Practice Question

Anthony Correia akcorreia at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 23:23:49 EST 2013

Just started learning Python.  I just wrote a simple copy files script. I use Powershell now as my main scripting language but I wanted to extend into the linux platform as well.  Is this the best way to do it?

import os

    objdir = ("C:\\temp2")
    colDir = os.listdir(objdir)
    for f in colDir:
        activefile = os.path.join(objdir + "\\" + f)
        print ("Removing " + activefile + " from " + objdir)
        os.remove(activefile)

In Powershell I would do this:

$colDir = gci -path "c:\temp2"
$objDir = "C:\temp3"
ForEach($file in $colDir){
    #.Fullname lists the directory and filename together.  No need to do a join
    #beforehand.
    Copy-item $file.fullname -destination $objDir
}