Please provide a better explanation of tuples and dictionaries

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 02:14:30 EST 2013

On 02/02/2013 10:20 PM, Rick Johnson wrote:
> *school-bell*

I'm already regretting typing this, but really?  The term, "tuple," was
used rather consistently all through my university years.  And Python's
use of it is consistent with how it is used all through computer
science.  And for that matter it is consistent with how other languages,
including LISP(!), use the term.  As you say, we borrow it from Math.
And for good reason.

Now I know they say that foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little
minds, but using the word, "tuple," in this consistent way is hardly
foolish.  In this case, as is usually the case with your strange
criticisms of well-established practice, there are good reasons for it.

TL;DR: I find your list freezing proposal to be needlessly complicated.
 No the burden of proof is not on me to explain why tuples are so.