Python 2.x and 3.x usage survey

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Mon Dec 30 21:59:03 EST 2013

On 30Dec2013 19:16, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 16:14:53 -0600, Andrew Berg <robotsondrugs at gmail.com>
> declaimed the following:
>
> >On 2013.12.30 15:56, Dan Stromberg wrote:
> >> I keep hearing naysayers, nay saying about Python 3.x.
> >>
> >> Here's a 9 question, multiple choice survey I put together about
> >> Python 2.x use vs Python 3.x use.
> >>
> >> I'd be very pleased if you could take 5 or 10 minutes to fill it out.
> >>
> >> Here's the URL:
> >> https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N5N5PG2
> >>
> >It was closer to 5 or 10 seconds. :)
>
> 	If that much...
>
> 	Too many questions require a positive response to a previous question
> (for example, if one has not written Python 3.x, one is also unlikely to
> have used any of the porting tools).

How complex do you want it to be? One can post filter the results
for relevance I suppose.

My only gripe is the "do you write more code for 2.x or 3.x" question;
I do in fact write more python 2 (I suppose), but since I'm striving
to make my codebase portable between 2 and 3 the question is a poor
fit. There is at least the "do you write code to run on both?" later.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

SPSS. Big honkin' stats package. Comes with a good manual.
        - Dan Hillman <dcah100 at cus.cam.ac.uk>