Blog "about python 3"

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Dec 30 15:49:16 EST 2013

On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 19:41:44 +0000, Mark Lawrence wrote:

> http://alexgaynor.net/2013/dec/30/about-python-3/ may be of interest to
> some of you.

I don't know whether to thank you for the link, or shout at you for
sending eyeballs to look at such a pile of steaming bullshit.

I'd like to know where Alex gets the idea that the transition of Python 2
to 3 was supposed to be a five year plan. As far as I know, it was a ten
year plan, and we're well ahead of expectations of where we would be at
this point of time. People *are* using Python 3, the major Linux distros
are planning to move to Python 3, the "Python Wall Of Shame" stopped
being a wall of shame a long time ago (I think it was a year ago? or at
least six months ago). Alex's article is, basically, FUD.

More comments will have to follow later.

--
Steven