need to print seconds from the epoch including the millisecond

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Dec 27 19:25:42 EST 2013

On 27Dec2013 07:40, matt.doolittle33 at gmail.com <matt.doolittle33 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am on Ubuntu 12.10.   I am still working with the 2 decimal
> places. Sometime ago i had this issue and I forget how i solved it.
> maybe i used datetime? thanks!

Repeatedly people have asked you to show your exact code. Still nothing.

Here's a clue, from a Gentoo box running kernel 3.2.1-gentoo-r2:

  $ python
  Python 2.7.2 (default, Feb  9 2012, 18:40:46)
  [GCC 4.5.3] on linux2
  >>> import time; print time.time()
  1388190100.44
  >>> import time; time.time()
  1388190102.795531

Please show us _exactly_ what you're doing. I'm guessing that print
is confusing you.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

Try moving off NT easily.  You can move from Solaris to HP/UX to AIX or
DEC easily-- relative to moving off of NT, which is like a Roach
Motel.  Once you check in, you never check out.
        - Scott McNealy, Sun Microsystems