need to print seconds from the epoch including the millisecond

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Thu Dec 26 23:54:41 EST 2013

On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 20:03:34 -0500, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu>
wrote:
> On 12/26/2013 5:48 PM, Dave Angel wrote:
> > You're probably on Windows,  which does time differently.

> With 3.3 and 3.4 on Windows 7, time.time() gives 6 fractional
digits.
>  >>> import time; time.time()
> 1388105935.971099

> With 2.7, same machine, I only get 3.

The way I recall it,  Windows time is a mess. To get better than 10
ms resolution you needed to use time.clock, but that isn't epoch
time. Trickier solutions existed, depending on exactly what the
problem was. But judging from your test, 3.3 built those gyrations
into the stdlib. I dunno,  I pretty much stopped using Windows 4
years ago.

--
DaveA