Re: How can i return more than one value from a function to more than one variable

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Sun Dec 22 19:57:56 EST 2013

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 15:41:06 -0800 (PST), Bob Rashkin
<rrashkin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, December 22, 2013 4:54:46 PM UTC-6, dec... at msn.com wrote:
> >  How am I supposed to do so I can  return also a value to the
variable y WITHOUT printing 'Now x =', w, 'and y = ' , z   a second
time ?

You are apparently asking 3 questions.

To exchange 2 values, use the tuple-unpack approach.

a, b = b, a

To get the equivalent of multiple return values,  return a tuple.

def myfunc (a):
     x = a*a
     y = 2+a
     return x, y

p , q = myfunc (5)

To avoid executing your print twice, call the function only once.

And a bonus one: to avoid my getting a blank message in this text
newsgroup,  post in text,  not html.

--
DaveA