Airplane mode control using Python?

rurpy at yahoo.com rurpy at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 24 20:37:38 EST 2013

On 12/23/2013 01:46 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 5:59 PM,  <rurpy at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On Sunday, December 22, 2013 10:37:35 PM UTC-7, Chris Angelico wrote:
>>> Actually, formatting errors ARE often caused by Google Groups. Maybe
>>> it wasn't in this instance, but I have seen several cases of GG
>>> mangling code formatting, so this was a perfectly reasonable theory.
>>
>> And you have determined format errors are coming from GG how exactly?
>> You would need to know the original contents entered into GG, yes?
>> Perhaps you have done experiments to determine these errors that you
>> could share with us?
>
> Previous people's posts to this very list. Search the archives, you
> know this to be true!

No I don't.  (To be clear: I and you are not talking
about the quoting problem but with trashing whitespace
to a degree greater than other mail/usenet software
does.)

If you don't know what was entered into the posting
interface how can you say with such certainty that
what was received was different?

> Why, rurpy, do you continue to support, apologize for, and argue in
> favour of, a piece of software that (a) you know to be buggy, and (b)
> has perfectly viable alternatives?

I have addressed this several times already.  All
software is buggy.  I even posted long list on the
problems I've had with Thunderbird.  Choosing any
software is making a tradeoff of one set of features/-
bugs versus another.  For you, with your experience,
goals and use of the list, there is one tradeoff.
Others with different experience, goals and use of
the list may well choose different tradeoffs.

Yet you persist in ignoring that, persist in insisting
that tradeoffs that work for you are best for everyone.

Why do you refuse to see and acknowledge that the work
involved in subscribing to a list, managing the volume
of mail, and unsubscribing after (to say nothing of
figuring out arcane usenet), is a lot bigger pain
than a half dozen mouse clicks to read and post from
GG for many people?

>[...]
> But avoiding Google Groups just means using gmane or
> Thunderbird or python-list, and you get all the same content without
> any loss. So why stick to something that sends mail with mess all over
> it?

It is not (as I just explained to you (yet again) *just*
a matter of using TB or Gmane.  You really need to learn
that your opinion of things is not the gold standard for
the rest of the world.