[OT] vnc-problem with idle running as sudo on raspberry pi

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 10:29:09 EST 2013

On 12/23/2013 07:06 AM, Jean Dubois wrote:
> I thought this would be something python-people are familiar with, after
> all idle is a Python IDE and running it as a root sometimes is necessary.

On most desktop distros like Fedora, sudo idle would indeed work.

The fact that it's not working on your pi, means it must be specific to
the distro that your pi is running.  And by the way you never mentioned
what distro this is.

> Anyway,
> I tried out your suggestion but it didn't work, however googling the line
> you suggested brought me close to a solution:

The solution likely lies in understanding how MIT-Cookie's work with X11
and how to use xauth.