unicode to human readable format

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Fri Dec 27 06:59:58 EST 2013

On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 02:43:58 -0800 (PST), tomasz.kaczorek at gmail.com
wrote:
> can I ask you for help? when I try to print s[0] i vane the
message: UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in
position 0-1: ordinal not in range(128).
> how to solve my problem, please?

First, what version of what os, and what version of python?

Next,  what terminal are you running,  or what ide, and do you have
stdout redirected?

Finally what does your program look like, or at least tell us the
type and represents of s [0].

Bottom line is that s [0] contains a code point that's larger than 7f
and print is convinced that your terminal can handle only ASCII.

--
DaveA