Why Python is like C++

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 21 07:12:47 EST 2013

On 21/12/2013 11:37, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 05:34:51 +0000, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>
>> On 20/12/2013 14:19, Roy Smith wrote:
>>> http://xkcd.com/1306/
>>>

>> I believe that to be a very superficial like.  They're unlike in that
>> once C++ people have compiled their code they can head down to the pub,
>
> Ah, the good ol' "It compiles, quick, ship it!" school of thought.

Absolutely, everybody knows that successful compilation indicates bug
free code, which is why statically typed languages are so vastly
superior to dynamically typed ones, hence why the latter will never
catch on.  Or do people around here know something I don't? :)

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence