seeking a framework to automate router configurations

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Wed Dec 18 07:48:04 EST 2013

----- Original Message -----

> Hi Pythoners,

> I'm looking for a tool or framework in which I can do a slight
> modification to achieve the following task:

> "Asynchronously reset a large number of cisco routers back to their
> original configurations and push prepared initial configurations to
> them"

> I did find some similar existing work such as exscript and trigger,
> however I was stuck in the following two problems :

> 1. telneting to a non-default port number (other than 23)
> 2. handling of customized banner messages.

> can you give some hints on this ? Thanks in advance for your input.

> Frank

> --

Hi,

If you can ssh on your routers, you may want to look at fabric, a python module that do ssh stuff. You only need to figure out how to reset and reconfigure the router from the shell prompt.

JM

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.