seeking a framework to automate router configurations

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 22:47:11 EST 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Frank Cui <ycui at outlook.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the advice!
>
> I'm aware of this module, the problem is that this is quite a low level
> module and I would have quite a lot to re-invent specific to telneting to a
> cisco router.

Do you know what it is you'd have to be reinventing? TELNET itself is
just a TCP socket with some special handling of byte 0xFF, which quite
possibly won't even come up in what you're doing here. For the rest,
it's just a matter of sending and receiving text; is there something
complicated in the authentication system that you'd be needing to
recreate? Otherwise I think you'll find that it's simpler than you
expect.

ChrisA