Total time in running Python Tests

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Dec 16 23:03:35 EST 2013

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 08:10:18 +0530, shankha wrote:

> Hi,
> What is the usually the time taken to run Python tests on a x86 machine
> with 1 GB of RAM?

If I remember correctly from the last time I did it, probably around 20
or 30 minutes. I wasn't really paying attention, so I could be completely
wrong.

> http://docs.python.org/devguide/
>
> ./python -m test -j3
>
> Should it be all PASS ? What is the expected summary of the results. Are
> these good:

Yes, it should all pass, but some failures aren't very important. If
you're using the latest development version, you should expect some
failures. Some modules are optional, like ssl and tkinter, or are
disabled by default. If you are missing external dependencies like the SSL
libraries, the ssl module will fail to work correctly.

>    .3 tests omitted:
>        test___all__ test_site test_urllib2net
>    348 tests OK.
>    3 tests failed: