Wrapping around a list in Python.

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Dec 15 23:59:32 EST 2013

shengjie.shengjie at live.com writes:

> Hi guys, I am trying to create a fixed list which would allow my
> values to be wrapped around it.

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I assume you have a purpose
in mind for this. What is the purpose? Perhaps it will help the
explanation if we know what it's for.

> For example i have 10 values : 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

Does this mean the input is a list, ‘[0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9]’? Or
do you mean something else? What is the input?

> I need to create a list which contains 4 numbers and when the number
> exceeds the list, it would overwrite the first value.

> [0,1,2,3]
> [4,1,2,3]
> [5,4,1,2]

That's three different lists. What is the input in each case? Under what
circumstances would you expect each one to be produced?

--
 \     “As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of |
  `\                                       the demand.” —Josh Billings |