Is it more CPU-efficient to read/write config file or read/write sqlite database?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Wed Dec 18 13:00:50 EST 2013

On 2013-12-18 09:49, dick wrote:
> Don't forget that most hard disks have an option to cache the write
> data. This is a 'feature' that allows the manufacturers to claim
> better write performance. You can't be sure when the data is written
> to the disk if that option is in play.

However, my understanding is that they have a small on-drive
battery/capacitor that stores sufficient energy for the cached
write(s) to complete in the event the system's power abruptly cuts
off.

Granted, this is purely hearsay, as it's been a long time since I
mucked around with hardware much.

-tkc