Is it more CPU-efficient to read/write config file or read/write sqlite database?

JL lightaiyee at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 10:29:56 EST 2013

I have a number of python processes which communicate with each other through writing/reading config text files. The python ConfigParser is used. I am wondering if it is more CPU-efficient to switch to using sqlite database instead of using configuration files. If the software does plenty of reading/writing, is it more efficient to use config text files or sqlite database?

Thank you.