GUI:-please answer want to learn GUI programming in python , how should i proceed.

Wolfgang Keller feliphil at gmx.net
Thu Dec 19 10:10:30 EST 2013

> > All Java GUI frameworks I know of are ridiculous garbage.
> >
> > Not only that Java per se is obscenely fat (and unresponsive), but
> > the GUI frameworks leak like bottomless barrels and the look and
> > feel is so hideous that I would say from personal experience with
> > numerous Java applications that there is little that's worse for
> > user productivity than a Java application running on Windows. Well,
> > a "web application" might top it.
>
> Pray tell is there anything that is not ridiculous garbage or is your
> computer so hopelessly broken that everything fails on it?  You've
> already dissed on Windows, Firefox, the web, Java.

If Windows, Firefox, "the web" and Java are "everything" that you know
of in terms of IT, then I pity those poor people who have to succumb
to your "competence".

> Surely Python must suck also because it's slow and interpreted.

I don't draw skewed parallels.

Instead I base my judgments on my personal experience from those
decades of screenwork for various tasks with various applications on
various systems, correlated with the experience of all those
knowledgeable people I've learned to know during that time, as well as
logical deductive thinking.

Sincerely,

Wolfgang