GUI:-please answer want to learn GUI programming in python , how should i proceed.

Wolfgang Keller feliphil at gmx.net
Tue Dec 17 10:07:51 EST 2013

> The other thing, specially if you would make a customer project, I
> don't know how to pack the app written in python in an installer.

If you want your application to be actually user-friendly, you make it
available as an installer-less zip archive. It works with Python
applications, no matter whether they use PyGTK, wxPython or PyQt.

> Perhaps I am wrong, and you could give me in exchange an advise ?!

Python is probably the "best" language for application implementation in
general. Anything that would really need to be faster than python
itself allows can easily be implemented in "compiled" Python à la Pyrex
et al.

> I also believe in performance. An application written in C++, can be
> compiled easily on the target platform (like on windows systems) with
> it's native compiler.
> How would it be with wxPython ?!

It isn't an issue.

With that pathological non-operating system Microsoft (Not Responding),
as soon as your application has to do any I/O, or if there's any other
process (virus scanner, file system indexer) running that does I/O,
any computer will be unusable for productive work anyway.

On an actual operating system, the attitude of the developers (do they
actually care or just don't give a darn) is *the* critical issue for
end-user productivity. If a developer makes a statement such as
of "just get a faster computer" or "just get more RAM", then (s)he
probably doesn't give darn. C++ applications, just like Java
applications, tend to leak horrible amounts of memory these days, just
because the vendors/developers don't care.

Sincerely,

Wolfgang