GUI:-please answer want to learn GUI programming in python , how should i proceed.

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 17 08:47:02 EST 2013

On 17/12/2013 11:13, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 09:39:06 +0000, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>
>> Personally I am convinced that wxPython can't handle unicode for the
>> simple reason that it doesn't yet support Python 3 and we all know that
>> Python 2 and unicode don't mix.
>
> I don't think this is right. The Unicode support in Python 2 isn't as
> good as in Python 3, but it is still pretty good. You just have to
> remember to use the u prefix on your strings.
>
> If it is true that wxPython cannot handle Unicode -- and I see no
> evidence that this is correct -- then it is due to the underlying wx*
> library, not Python 2.

Sorry folks, I'd been up all night and messed that up completely.  I
meant to say "Personally I am convinced that *IF* wxPython can't handle
unicode *IT WILL BE* for the simple reason that it doesn't yet support
Python 3 and we all know that Python 2 and unicode don't mix".  It would
have been better still if I'd added right at the end "particularly
well", with this being the impression I get from the bug tracker, with
far fewer bugs being raised against Python 3 unicode that I'm aware of
rather than Python 2.  I'm now crossing my fingers and legs and hoping
that my impression is correct.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence