GUI:-please answer want to learn GUI programming in python , how should i proceed.

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue Dec 17 06:13:16 EST 2013

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 09:39:06 +0000, Mark Lawrence wrote:

> Personally I am convinced that wxPython can't handle unicode for the
> simple reason that it doesn't yet support Python 3 and we all know that
> Python 2 and unicode don't mix.

I don't think this is right. The Unicode support in Python 2 isn't as
good as in Python 3, but it is still pretty good. You just have to
remember to use the u prefix on your strings.

If it is true that wxPython cannot handle Unicode -- and I see no
evidence that this is correct -- then it is due to the underlying wx*
library, not Python 2.

--
Steven