GUI:-please answer want to learn GUI programming in python , how should i proceed.

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 02:58:15 EST 2013

>From all the toolkits, wxPython is probably the most
interesting. I used all versions from 2.0 (?) up to 2.8. Then
it has been decided to go unicode.

Let see in the wx interactive intepreter, it is only
the top of the iceberg. (Py27, wxPy294)

>>> len('ሴЃ')
5

---

It has alos been decided to rework wxPython and create
wxPhoenix, unicode of course.

Impossible to put a Python string correctly in a widget
supposed to handle text. The design mistake is more
deeper than in wx29 (unicode).

I do not know the present status, but as the mistake
is a consequence of a unicode non understanding (plus
a little bit Python, plus a little bit wxWidgets), I doubt
that some improvement happened.

I attempted to explain unicode...

jmf