GUI:-please answer want to learn GUI programming in python , how should i proceed.

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Mon Dec 16 17:12:27 EST 2013

Am 16.12.13 18:04, schrieb Grant Edwards:
> On 2013-12-16, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 3:46 AM, Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>>    * The "everything is a string" view of the world is severly
>>>      limiting if you're not just processing strings.
>>
>> I wasn't sure if that was the case, from what I was seeing. Are there
>> any aggregate types at all?
>
> There are arrays with string keys (similar to Python dictionaries).

Aggregate types are indeed a weak point, but still there are lists
(since ever) and dicts (since 8.5, ~6 years) with value semantics.
Arrays are distinct from dicts and provide no value semantics, i.e. you
cannot pass them around. Today these issues are overcome by using dicts
or some OO framework.

	Christian