GUI:-please answer want to learn GUI programming in python , how should i proceed.

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 15:01:58 EST 2013

On 12/14/2013 10:05 AM, Wolfgang Keller wrote:
> Tkinter is a bit "special" to use since it's not just a library, but
> uses some kind of RPC. It seems that "look and feel" have been greatly
> improved lately.

I know Tkinter originated with the Tcl/Tk language.  With Tkinter in
Python is it still using Tcl/Tk under the hood?  IE embeds the Tcl
language interpreter into Python's interpreter?  If so I've always found
it a bit strange that the de facto GUI library that's shipped with
Python ships an entirely different language with it under the hood.