Is it possible to mix python with php?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Fri Dec 13 21:36:36 EST 2013

In article <cdeeb47d-ab8b-4e78-9be2-ded8552309a9 at googlegroups.com>,
 JL <lightaiyee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Python is my favorite language. Very often, I am forced to use other
> languages like php because of better library support for web applications. Is
> it possible to write functions in python and then get php to call these
> functions?

At one time, Songza was half PHP, half Python.  The parts ran in
separate processes, communicating over HTTP.  I think that's probably
what you want to do here.

If you define a clean, and well-documented interface, nobody has to know
what language is running behind it.  Even better, if you have a
comprehensive test suite for each interface, you can swap out
implementations with a fair degree of confidence that you haven't broken
anything.