Using pythons smtp server

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 13:29:57 EST 2013

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 5:27 AM, Vincent Davis <vincent at vincentdavis.net> wrote:
> Grant, Chris
> Thanks !!!
> I guess in the end this is a bad idea, (for my purposes) I should just use
> my gmail account smtp server.

If you're sending from gmail, use whatever gmail specifies for
sending. Otherwise your mail will be seen as spoofed.

The converse of this is that, in my opinion, *every* domain should
have an SPF record and *every* mail server should check them. That
would eliminate a huge slab of forged mail, and it'd prevent some
stupid web email forms from doing the wrong thing and only finding out
that it's wrong years later.

ChrisA