min max from tuples in list

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 12 10:13:23 EST 2013

On 12/12/2013 15:02, Roy Smith wrote:
> In article <52a9a1a0$0$29992$c3e8da3$5496439d at news.astraweb.com>,
>   Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:
>
>> I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by "performant".
>
> I've heard the term used often.  It means something like, "performs
> well" or "runs fast".  It may or may not be an English word, but that
> doesn't stop people from using it :-)

If "google" can be used to mean "make huge amouts of money with a
product that is inherently flawed" then I'll happily accept "performant"
as an English word, regardless of whether the English variant is UK, US,
Australian, New Zealand, Soth African, Geordie, Glaswegian or any other :)

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence