min max from tuples in list

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 03:43:01 EST 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM, Robert Voigtländer
<r.voigtlaender at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow, thanks for the educating answer. I'll work through all the varaints.
> And yes, I meant keep it unsorted.
>
> As I read it, sorting may be required then if I don't want to use the slowest variant. I'll test them all.

Sorting would be slower than using the dictionary method. Much slower.
If you don't need to sort for any other reason, don't sort!

By the way, it's usually courteous to quote at least some of the text
you're responding to, to give context. Otherwise nobody knows what
you're talking about. This isn't a PHPBB forum; each post actually is
quite separate. You may find that Google Groups makes your life
unnecessarily difficult in this, so it's probably easier to use the
mailing list: