Movie (MPAA) ratings and Python?

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 11:35:01 EST 2013

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Paul Scott <pscott209 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/12/2013 08:40, Ben Finney wrote:
> > Dan Stromberg <drsalists at gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> Is anyone using a module or database that gives Python 3.x access
> >> to MPAA ratings (EG G, PG, PG-13, etc.)?
>
> If you are already using IMDB you should have a look at
> http://imdbpy.sourceforge.net/downloads.html as well. It provides a
> relatively simple Python interface to either a local or hosted IMDB
> dataset and allows you to grab the MPAA rating directly from the
> canonical movie name.

I believe this was the module I got the farthest with.  I was using it
without a local database, instead querying IMDB's website.  However, it
appeared to be 2.x only (no 3.x yet), and it was tracebacking a lot.

The rest of the IMDB-related packages on Pypi appeared to have tiny version
numbers, or to have not been updated in quite a while.