Experiences/guidance on teaching Python as a first programming language

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 13:20:40 EST 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 5:03 AM, rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:21:39 PM UTC+5:30, Neil Cerutti wrote:
>> I can't think of a reference, but I to recall that
>> bugs-per-line-of-code is nearly constant; it is not language
>> dependent. So, unscientifically, the more work you can get done
>> in a line of code, then the fewer bugs you'll have per amount of
>> work done.
>
> Enter the (One-Liner) Dragon!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9xAKttWgP4

Some languages work differently with lines, cramming more onto a
single line while still having more "code". What's nearly constant is
bugs per "amount of code", except that it's practically impossible to
measure how much code you've produced. So there are a few exceptions
to the "lines of code" metric, a few languages that jump around a bit
on the scale.

ChrisA