Experiences/guidance on teaching Python as a first programming language

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Dec 17 12:27:35 EST 2013

On Tuesday 17 December 2013 12:23:28 Cousin Stanley did opine:

> >> Rick Johnson <rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>  Dovetails are nothing more than sadistic nostalgia --
> >>  they give old men a "chubby" and young men a nightmare.
> >
> > There is nothing more satisfying than cutting a set of dovetails by
> > hand and having them glide together like silk, the first time you
> > test-fit them, with no daylight visible anywhere.
>
>    This dove-tailer understands Rapid Application Development ....
>
>       http://woodwork.ars-informatica.ca/tool.php?art=dovetail_video
>       Frank Klausz's three-minute dovetails using a bow saw

Frank is a Master, and too many people never really learn to use a bow saw.
However I'd expect that joint would take more glue to fill, I've had a
single drop of TB-III extrude from every edge of one of my jig made joints.

But, I really think we are just a tad off topic.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

UNIX is hot.  It's more than hot.  It's steaming.  It's quicksilver
lightning with a laserbeam kicker.
		-- Michael Jay Tucker
         law-abiding citizens.