Experiences/guidance on teaching Python as a first programming language

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 14:30:49 EST 2013

Le vendredi 13 décembre 2013 19:32:58 UTC+1, Chris Angelico a écrit :
> On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 5:27 AM,  <wxjmfauth at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > My guess is that you are referring to that
>
> > sentence "(With an excellent unicode coding scheme!)".
>
> > I do not need to cite anything. That's my opinion.
>

> Just as much to what's above it, where you state that MS has produced
>
> "a full unicode system". Is that, too, just opinion, utterly unfounded
>
> in fact, or can you provide a citation?

I have not the knowledge to put a jugment on this.
I read many articles on the subject from people
who seems to have some skills on the subject.

>From my own experience with my limited and empirical
computing experience, when I see the file system,
the rendering engine, the usage of OpenType fonts, ...
I tend to have to agree. I can also point that all
these aspects jump to my mind when I switched from
XP to 7. Some time ago, I even fall on an article
about the bootstraping mechanism (7 or 8 or future
version or RT ?) which uses natively ucs-2.

jmf