Experiences/guidance on teaching Python as a first programming language

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 07:02:22 EST 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 10:33 PM, Steve Simmons <square.steve at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/12/2013 11:45, Chris Angelico wrote:
>>
>> And then, shortly after the beginning of the story, you need to
>> introduce the villain. Thanks, jmf, for taking that position in our
>> role-play storytelling scenario! A round of applause for jmf, folks,
>> for doing a brilliant impression of the uninformed-yet-fanatical
>> Knight Templar villain!
>>
>> ChrisA
>

> Oi! You!!
>
> I'll have you know I'm a bona fide Knight of the Temple and we're not (all)
> villains!
> If I catch you calling us villains again, I'll slide up behind you in the
> mud and dig you
> with my ceremonial sword!  ;-)

Mister Simmons, Mister Simmons! We are not for one moment doubting
your sincerity. It's just your intelligence that's in question. [1]

[1] http://www.thegoonshow.net/scripts_show.asp?title=s06e19_the_jet_propelled_guided_naafi

ChrisA
Attempting to atone for pointing people to TVTropes... or maybe to be
hung for a sheep rather than a lamb....