Meta Fight About Posting (was: python programming help)

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 11:47:46 EST 2013

On Monday, December 9, 2013 9:55:19 PM UTC+5:30, rusi wrote:
> On Monday, December 9, 2013 9:14:08 PM UTC+5:30, Travis Griggs wrote:
> > As long as we’re in full scale rant drift, I’d like to remind others
> > of the time honored tradition of changing the post subject, when,
> > er, uh, the subject changes. Because this obviously is not
> > "programming help" anymore.

> I believe you are missing what's actually at issue here.

> Lets just look at this thread:

> New poster asks help for a homework problem without saying so

> Different list members express concern/annoyance with this

> [NO technological (3 different technologies) issues here yet]

> This -- annoyance+answers -- continues for while until it morphs into GG-annoyance

> The *context* of the earlier annoyance -- kid asking for homework help
> without clearly saying so -- is lost in the GG annoyance.

> Now GG is clearly annoying
> As are kids who ask for homework help without saying so

> ¿¿Whats the connection??

I should have mentioned/asked: Are you using Google Groups to post?

Your post suffers from one of GG's annoyances – long lines.

If you are using it then I wonder about the *content* of your complaint
If you are not – and the *form* of your post still has a classic-GG nuisance –
then it weakens the anti-GG case.