python programming help

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 8 19:27:48 EST 2013

On 09/12/2013 00:08, rurpy at yahoo.com wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 6:06 AM,  <rafaellasav at gmail.com> wrote:>[...]
>> Also, your posts are acquiring the slimy stain of Google Groups, which
>> makes them rather distasteful. All your replies are getting
>> double-spaced, among other problems. Please consider switching to an
>> alternative newsgroup reader, or subscribing to the mailing list:
>
> To the OP:
>
> First, my apologies if my reply ends up trashing your
> discussion here, but you should know what is behind Mr.
> Angelico's response.
>
> For some time now the Google Group Wars are being fought
> in this group.
>
> There is a (probably very small) clique of Google haters
> who try present themselves as "the community" and who try
> to intimidate anyone posting from Google Groups into using
> some other means of posting, completely disregarding the
> fact that for many new people or occasional posters, Google
> Groups is an order of magnitude easier to use.  These people
> are extremely noisy and obnoxious but *do not* represent
> "the community" except in their own minds.  I suspect many
> of them are motivated by political dislike of Google as
> a corporation, or want to stay with the 1990's technology
> they invested time in learning and don't want see change.
>
> I and many other people post here from Google Groups and
> you should feel free to too if it is more convenient for
> you.  (Of course you can also use the maillist or usenet
> if you find them a good solution for *you* but please don't
> feel compelled to by some loud obnoxious bullies.)
>
> As another poster pointed out, if you are able to follow
> some of the advice at,
>
>    https://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython
>
> it will help quiet down the anti-Google crowd a little but
> even if you don't, those without a Google chip on their shoulder
> will simply skip your posts if they find the Google formatting
> too annoying.  Most of us though will deal with it as adults
> and try our best to answer your questions.
>
> I just thought you should have both sides of the story so
> to won't take the anti-Google crowd here as gospel.

To the OP, please ignore the above, it's sheer, unadulterated rubbish.
Nobody has ever been bullied into doing anything.  People have however
been asked repeatedly to either A) use the link referenced above to
avoid sending double spaced crap here from the inferior google groups
product or B) use an alternative technology that doesn't send double
spaced crap.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence