[newbie] struggling wth tkinter

Jean Dubois jeandubois314 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 02:45:06 EST 2013

Op zaterdag 7 december 2013 19:23:30 UTC+1 schreef Cousin Stanley:

> > The only thing I see when running it is a little popup
>
> > with "Click mouse here to quit" which works as expected
>
> > but always shows the following error-message.
>

>   This seems to be left over from an earlier post
>
>   where you were binding a mouse event to a tk label
>

>   Did you create a  new  file ?
>

> > However the "main" window which should let you enter the
>
> > numbers is not shown.
>

> > This is the quit error message:
>
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
>
> > File "./feet2meters.py", line 3, in <module>
>
> > from tkinter import ttk
>
> > ImportError: cannot import name ttk
>

> > This is the code:

>   If I copy/paste your code as posted
>
>   into a new file named ftom.py
>
>   and change the she-bang line
>
>   as follows ....
>

>     #!/usr/bin/env python3
>

>   Then from the command line ....
>

>     python3 ftom.py
>

>   Your code runs as expected
>
>   using python 3.2.3 ....
I tried you suggestion above:

This is what I get:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./feet2meters.py", line 2, in <module>
    from tkinter import *
  File "/home/jean/tkinter.py", line 2, in <module>
    import Tkinter as tk
ImportError: No module named Tkinter

and this is my python3-version:
Python 3.2.3 (default, Sep 25 2013, 18:22:43)
[GCC 4.6.3] on linux2

any idea what is going wrong?

thanks in advance
jean