interactive help on the base object

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 8 18:48:57 EST 2013

On 07/12/2013 01:35, Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 12/6/2013 12:03 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>> Is it just me, or is this basically useless?
>>
>>  >>> help(object)
>> Help on class object in module builtins:
>>
>> class object
>>   |  The most base type
>
> Given that this can be interpreted as 'least desirable', it could
> definitely be improved.
>
>> Surely a few more words,
>
> How about something like.
>
> '''The default top superclass for all Python classes.
>
> Its methods are inherited by all classes unless overriden.
> '''
>
> When you have 1 or more concrete suggestions for the docstring, open a
> tracker issue.

Terry's suggestion above remains odds on favourite on the grounds that
there have been no other suggestions.  I'll give it another day, then
raise a tracker issue, unless the overwhelming smell of pot that has
been drifting around this thread knocks me unconscious.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence