Embedding multiple interpreters

Garthy garthy_nhtyp at entropicsoftware.com
Fri Dec 6 01:44:52 EST 2013

Hi all,

A small update here:

On 06/12/13 13:04, Garthy wrote:
 > [1] It presently crashes in Py_EndInterpreter() after running through a
 > series of tests during the shutdown of the 32nd interpreter I create. I
 > don't know if this is significant, but the tests pass for the first 31
 > interpreters.

This turned out to be a red herring, so please ignore this bit. I had a
code path that failed to call Py_INCREF on Py_None which was held in a
PyObject that was later Py_DECREF'd. This had some interesting
consequences, and not surprisingly led to some double-frees. ;)

I was able to get much further with this fix, although I'm still having
some trouble getting multiple interpreters running together
simultaneously. Advice and thoughts still very much welcomed on the rest
of the email. :)

Cheers,
Garth