Official discussion forum for a project (was: Packaging a proprietary Python library for multiple OSs)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Dec 5 16:56:27 EST 2013

Travis Griggs <travisgriggs at gmail.com> writes:

> On Dec 5, 2013, at 2:56 AM, rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 3. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/python-virtualenv may be
> > a better place to ask
>
> Am I the only one that sees the irony in this suggestion? Given the
> long running tirades^H^H^H^H^H^H thread about “Managing Google Groups
> headaches”?

In addition to the fact that “rusi” evidently does not hold that
position, the Virtualenv project <URL:http://www.virtualenv.org/> has
its official discussion forum hosted at Google Groups, and the above
quote merely points that out.

One can recommend strongly against Google Groups in general as a
dreadful service, while still directing people to the official
discussion forum for a particular project which has made the (to
whatever degree misguided) decision to use that service.

--
 \         “Simplicity and elegance are unpopular because they require |
  `\           hard work and discipline to achieve and education to be |