Packaging a proprietary Python library for multiple OSs

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 11:20:41 EST 2013

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 2:32 AM, Travis Griggs <travisgriggs at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2013, at 2:56 AM, rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 3. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/python-virtualenv may be a better
>> place to ask
>
> Am I the only one that sees the irony in this suggestion? Given the long running tirades^H^H^H^H^H^H thread about “Managing Google Groups headaches”?
>
> “Pleassse don’t use Google Groupssssesss. It’sss nasssty. It hurtssess our eyesssessss with itsss long linessssieesss. Unlessssss it hassss a ssspecial neeeeed. Then the groupssesss are OK, Yessss?"

No, it's not like that. It's that there are some people who, despite
truckloads of evidence to the contrary, still think that Google Groups
is worth using. Rusi is one of them. Fortunately, he has defended his
position by making his posts not look like the ridiculous junk that GG
creates by default, but that doesn't make GG a good product. It's like
an argument my boss and I had: I said that PHP is a bad language, and
he said that it can't possibly be a bad language because he's able to
write good code in it.

I don't know what mailing list there is for virtualenv as I don't use
it, but there's likely to be an alternative source of knowledge on it.

ChrisA