The input and output is as wanted, but why error?

geezle86 at gmail.com geezle86 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 11:35:20 EST 2013

> x = input()
>
> if x.isdigit() == False:
>     i = len(x)
>     j = i - 1
>     k = i - 2
>
>     xList = list(x)
>
>     if len(xList) > 4:
>         print(xList[0], int(k), xList[j], sep='', end='')
>     else:
>         print(x)
> else:
>     SystemExit

I just dont understand what is wrong, seriously. I mean. They said:

"..if its length is strictly more than 10 characters. All too long words should be replaced with a special abbreviation."

and:
"... This abbreviation is made like this: we write down the first and the last letter of a word and between them we write the number of letters between the first and the last letters. That number is in decimal system and doesn't contain any leading zeroes."

I solved it with my:

xList = list(x)

    if len(xList) > 4:
        print(xList[0], int(k), xList[j], sep='', end='')
    else:
        print(x)

really, i dont know why.. :(