using ffmpeg command line with python's subprocess module

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 11:19:00 EST 2013

On Friday, December 6, 2013 9:23:47 PM UTC+5:30, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 06/12/2013 15:34, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>
> (if I remember correctly) I think Mark also
>
> > sometimes posts a link to managing Google Groups.
>

> You do, and here it is https://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython

That link needs updating.

Even if my almost-automatic correction methods are not considered
kosher for some reason or other, the thing that needs to go in there
is that GG has TWO problems

1. Blank lines
2. Long lines

That link only describes 1.

Roy's yesterday's post in "Packaging a proprietary python library"
says:

> I, and Rusi, know enough, and take the effort, to overcome its
> shortcomings doesn't change that.

But in fact his post takes care of 1 not 2.

In all fairness I did not know that 2 is a problem until rurpy pointed
it out recently and was not correcting it. In fact, I'd take the
trouble to make the lines long assuming that clients were intelligent
enough to fit it properly into whatever was the current window!!!

So someone please update that page!