Change a file type in Python?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 00:03:17 EST 2013

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM, rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we are dealing with 3 completely separable problems:
> [Slightly changing what I earlier wrote…]
>
> 1. Undesirable elements -- spam, troll and more exotic
> 2. Immature noobs -- literally or almost literally kids
> 3. Stupid technology -- in this case, GG
>
> The anti-GG crusade is getting pissed-off with 1 and/or 2 and then
> attacking 3.

Most of it is getting annoyed at the results of 3, and then attacking
3. That's what I do, at least. There have been several people who've
switched to email as a result of being told that their posts are
coming out looking ugly; their posts subsequently are NOT ugly, and
they always had useful content in them, so they become productive and
highly welcome members of the community without being masked behind
buggy technology. Nothing to do with immaturity or spam.

ChrisA