[OT] Managing Google Groups headaches

Neil Cerutti neilc at norwich.edu
Wed Dec 4 09:34:41 EST 2013

On 2013-12-04, alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> You poor fools you, this is what happens when you give control
>> of the tools you use to a (near) monopolist whose incentives
>> are not your incentives.
>
> To paraphrase Franklin: those who would give up control to
> purchase convenience deserve neither. A lesson hard learned :(

But Franklin's quote doesn't apply when free alternatives exist.
I can use a non-open email system until I don't want to any more,
and switch out when it no longer please me.

The cost of switching isn't zero, but it's much easier than
emmigrating from a police state.

Moreover, I'll always feel that I deserve more than I actually
do deserve.

--
Neil Cerutti