[OT] Managing Google Groups headaches

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Dec 2 23:27:07 EST 2013

On 2013-12-03, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/02/2013 06:03 AM, Neil Cerutti wrote:
>> I wish they'd never bought dejanews.
>
> I wish Google hadn't bought a lot of things.  Seems like they bye up a
> lot of cool, nerd-centric apps and companies and then turned them into
> apps that do less and do it poorly,

Or they just shut them down.  I still wish SageTv was in business. My
SageTv stuff is still running fine, but I don't know what I'm going to
do when it dies.  I guess I'll have to go back to Mytv and the
associated huge, loud, noisy front-end boxes.

That said, I'm still pretty happy with Gmail (I use it mostly via
mutt/IMAP rather than the WebUI), and it sure beats the e-mail service
I paid for in the past [it's certainly _way_ better than the Outlook
server they run at work].  The Google search engine still works fine
for me, and my Nexus Galaxy phone has been great.

--
Grant