semicolon at end of python's statements

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Wed Aug 28 20:33:11 EDT 2013

In article <mailman.332.1377735563.19984.python-list at python.org>,
 Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh <mohsen at pahlevanzadeh.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm C++ programmer and unfortunately put semicolon at end of my
> statements in python.
>
> Quesion:
> What's really defferences between putting semicolon and don't put?

In theory, nothing.  In practice, all the real Python programmers will
make fun of you.

Somewhat more seriously, every language has its own way of doing things.
There's the set of things the language allows you to do, and the
somewhat smaller set of things that have become accepted as the "proper"
way to do things in that language.  For Python, putting semicolons at
the ends of statements falls into the first set but not the second.