Moving to Python for web

ecazs.net at gmail.com ecazs.net at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 16:14:39 EDT 2013

So, I have been working in PHP for several years but I want to learn something new. That something new is Python. But since I'm a web developer I want to build stuff for the web.

I don't want to use Django because it's too bloated, it seem to do everything for you. I don't like that. I want to do the "plumbing". But at the same time I have no idea how I would write something that could handle cookies, sessions, post, get etc etc; so I assume I have to use some kind of web framework.

So, can you recommend a minimal web framework that still allows me to write in Python? Furthermore, do I even need one? I am currently running NGINX and I have UWSGI installed. I'm just worried about how I would handle form submissions, get requests and sessions/cookies.